To Submit Programs to the Registry
Effective 05/09/2017: KSU faculty/staff leading any program/activity involving minors that was not already reported via the required online survey (November 2016-May 9, 2017), should now report programs via the email to email@example.com for required internal KSU compliance reviews/approvals before the program begins.
The online survey initially used for reporting was closed/inactivated as of 05/09/2017.
The project team is currently working on development of a new online KSU Programs Supporting Minors Registry system. We anticipate the new online system will be available for use in late Fall 2017.
Contact: To report programs/activities not already reported via the survey
After an email is received, the Division of Legal Affairs will follow-up directly with the program/activity sponsor to obtain additional information for the registry and to begin Legal reviews.
Contacts: To ensure other required KSU Internal reviews/approvals take place before programs begin, program sponsors can and should continue to contact the respective departments below to complete required internal reviews before their programs/activities begin.
Legal Affairs (Division of Legal Affairs) Reviews
Human Resources (HR) Reviews:
Risk/Insurance (Office of Enterprise Risk Management) Reviews:
Program Registry Review and Approval Process
In 2017, the information from this survey is being utilized to develop and implement an online program registry review and approval system to ensure compliance with University policies and procedures. As the online system is developed, the Division of Legal Affairs team will coordinate the program registry review and approval process for current programs and activities involving minors. Both the current manual process and future online process and system will include the same workflow for review/approvals as illustrated below:
To help provide a better picture of how the program registry information is processed, here is a look at the various stages:
1. The Program Sponsor submits program information to a Sponsoring Unit for Approval.
2. The Sponsoring Unit reviews/approves the program. Review includes certification that:
- All activities are consistent with KSU’s mission
- Appropriate funding is in place
- Requisite Authorized Individual training, licensing requirements, housing and transportation needs, and other logistics will be in place prior to the start of the program
3. The program undergoes Annual Review:
- KSU Legal Review: Licensing, Forms, Facilities Use and other agreements
- KSU HR Review: Background Investigations for Authorized Individuals
- KSU OERM Review: Risk/Insurance Coverage
- KSU Event Management/Compliance Review: Monitor Approvals/Compliance for All Programs
More information will be provided and updated on this page and website, once the online system is developed and available for use.